Broken neck pigeon! Help!

Jmwah_12

Songster
May 7, 2020
Hey guys so I came home to find a large white pigeon with what I believe is a broken neck, It’s head was completely backwards and it was just shaking it back n fourth. Someone please help me on what to do! For some reason my house always seems to have lots of injured or sickly birds but I don’t know how to help them at times. Help would be so much appreciated.

Attachments

• FAB0A9D5-DE0D-4EE0-A661-53DC6B20AA26.jpeg
    FAB0A9D5-DE0D-4EE0-A661-53DC6B20AA26.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 4355FEDE-7F8D-4D6F-9C9A-9C81156FB045.jpeg
    4355FEDE-7F8D-4D6F-9C9A-9C81156FB045.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 10
Hey guys so I came home to find a large white pigeon with what I believe is a broken neck, It’s head was completely backwards and it was just shaking it back n fourth. Someone please help me on what to do! For some reason my house always seems to have lots of injured or sickly birds but I don’t know how to help them at times. Help would be so much appreciated.
It's neck is not broken, it probably has a disease. You could help it by providing food and water if it will eat. Maybe it will recover.

It's neck is not broken, it probably has a disease. You could help it by providing food and water if it will eat. Maybe it will recover.
Do you know if there’s way I can do that? At the moment it’s neck is completely bent backwards when I’m not holding it

Do you know if there’s way I can do that? At the moment it’s neck is completely bent backwards when I’m not holding it
If it can't eat on its own you would have to hand feed it or tube feed it. For the moment you could thaw some frozen green peas in warm water and place them one by one in the back of his throat for him to swallow. Give about 30 peas to fill his crop.

Not sure what was wrong with it but it seems better now! I gave it some food then left it for the night and I came back the next morning to find it flying all over my patio with its neck seemingly better. I’ll make sure to monitor it for a few more days just to be sure then I’ll release it!

Not sure what was wrong with it but it seems better now! I gave it some food then left it for the night and I came back the next morning to find it flying all over my patio with its neck seemingly better. I’ll make sure to monitor it for a few more days just to be sure then I’ll release it!
Don’t release it. It’s a domestic pigeon and will not survive in the wild. It also appears to be a king pigeon, which do not have homing instincts- this means it will not return to its owner.

Back
Top Bottom