Broken off feathers

I wonder if they are just broken feathers from the rooster (who’s gone) and when they molt they will look better. But, my girls are looking rough. They went through 2 treatments of ivermectin. One completely has no tail.

I wonder if they are just broken feathers from the rooster (who’s gone) and when they molt they will look better. But, my girls are looking rough. They went through 2 treatments of ivermectin. One completely has no tail.
I feel you 100%
I lost my favorite girl I was closest to a week ago and I don't wanna lose anymore! The vet said she had an auto immune disorder with her reproductive system which made her succumb to a fungal infection and mites. But the vet didn't think it looked like an infestation. She did advise I clean out all bedding in both run and coop and treat it all before new bedding which I did with Permethrin 10 and Elector PSP was used on each chicken on the vent, under wings and crest/neck area.

I feel you 100%
I lost my favorite girl I was closest to a week ago and I don't wanna lose anymore! The vet said she had an auto immune disorder with her reproductive system which made her succumb to a fungal infection and mites. But the vet didn't think it looked like an infestation. She did advise I clean out all bedding in both run and coop and treat it all before new bedding which I did with Permethrin 10 and Elector PSP was used on each chicken on the vent, under wings and crest/neck area.
Here’s a pic of one of my girls who just completely lost there tail

Attachments

• F1B7D96F-BDE7-4153-857C-7149B7A0DE36.jpeg
    F1B7D96F-BDE7-4153-857C-7149B7A0DE36.jpeg
    686.9 KB · Views: 10
I have not figured out what the issue is, and it’s still there. It’s only 2 out of my now 9 birds. If anything, they look worse now, with bald skin exposed. I will get some updated pics when it quits raining.

Back
Top Bottom