Broken tail on my rooster??

MikeAnDave

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
Hello,
We just started raising White Leghorn chicken, ours are about five months old right now,The problem is,
One day we were leaving and did not want the chickens running free,so we rounded them up to put them in the chicken coop to keep them safe till we got home?Well I think one of our roosters must of broke his tail bone or something?the next morning his tail was bent over to one side?he runs around and acts fine but instead of his tail feathers standing upright,they lay over to one side?
Do they break something back there?will he be alright?Is there anything we can do for Him??
years ago I had bantam chickens that a gate fellover on and one of my hens tail did the very same thing?Had her for a couple years She never acted like anything was wrong but he tail never did go back to normal?What do you call this and what can be done?
I can post pictures if anybody has any ideas?Dont really want to take him to a Vet?Will he be alright?Will his tail ever get better?
Thank You
MikeAnDave

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Kansas, and MikeAnDave, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Sorry to hear about your rooster. I'm not really sure if it will grow back or not. You might post in the link below for advice. Good luck to you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Back
Top Bottom