Broken toe??

AbiandAmi

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Queensland, Australia

I have tried to upload photos to this post but I am not sure if they have worked.
Anyway my white leghorn hen has a bent toe on each foot and I am wondering if they are broken or if this is normal? she doesn't seem to be in any pain.
Please let me know if I should be concerned

Nope, not broken, just a case of twisted toes. It's a defect that occurs when the bird is still a chick and can be fixed at that point, but if it's not, that's okay. As long as it doesn't cause her mobility issues, it's fine :)

Shouldn't be! I have a barred rock with one twisted toe that I rescued and she seems perfectly fine with it, no pain.

Mine 5 years old rooster, after I let him out of coop, just started to fight other rooster, 2-3 jumps till I seperated them, and he got twisted middle toe, looks like he aint feel it. Was pretty cold day and he was like from roost, so toes was kinda stiff or what. I put him in little brooder with straw under now, where he cant kind a move much.
This is not good condition for rooster. And I keep this one for all his lifetime.
Suggestions on that?

I have a Welsummer that might have a broken toe, pretty sure it's broken! What do I do? It seems like it's been broken for a while!

Back
Top Bottom