Broken Wing!!!!

It should heal. If you can wrap it in the right position, it should heal about right, but if you cant get him to stay wrapped, i suspect it will heal regardless and just be wonky. With his size, i suspect he isnt much of a flier anyway? make sure he has a lower safe roost and probably even a ground spot for while hes wrapped.

Yeah, currently because of his feet he has trouble roosting anyway so I help him just because of that.

It might be easier if you try getting him off the roost in the evening if your coop is set up to be able to do such a thing. I've had plenty of roosters who wouldn't want me to touch them for anything but when I had to, getting them off the roost when they were chill seems to be what worked best and was far less dramatic. Tape his wing and treat his feet and you? Poor guy. Getting old can suck.

I put him on the spot he like to sleep every night. It's like a shelf so his feel don't have to hold on and the lady of his choosing normally joins him. And he always get a little extra bedding. He's a butt but he is the best protector we have so we treat him well.

I put him on the spot he like to sleep every night. It's like a shelf so his feel don't have to hold on and the lady of his choosing normally joins him. And he always get a little extra bedding. He's a butt but he is the best protector we have so we treat him well.
Do you take him down in the morning? I'm worried he got hurt getting down from the roost

He didn't get hurt getting down from the roost. It happened after lunch time and he doesn't go into the day time coop much. My chickens get herded into a different coop for bed that they can't access during the day because it's outside of the fenced yard. When I said fell I meant like tripped and fell or slipped of a lady.

Back
Top Bottom