Brokenhearted

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Katoo1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Katoo1

Katoo1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Express Mail screwed up and delivered 24 hours late. 5 were dead. The rest might be all right, although they look pretty weak.

I guess I have to find out about filing the insurance claim. [​IMG]

2. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    I'm sorry, that's awful. The seller should be able to get you a shipping refund if they were past the delivery time given on the receipt. I hope the others pull through. Try your best to get them to drink a little bit of water with sugar or honey in it to give them energy to move around and eat, but don't squirt it down their throat because it could get in their lungs.

Good luck!

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Just call them today. Most good hatcheries will take care of you on the spot. So sorry bc its such a bummer to start off that way.

4. KFaye

KFaye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    I am so sorry. It is sad to see those little things.

5. bloom chicks

bloom chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    FL
    I am sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

6. Cluckin'Crazy4them

Cluckin'Crazy4them Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2011
    NW Oregon
    That is so dang sad! [​IMG] I would be traumatized... Im sorry that happened [​IMG]

7. Katoo1

Katoo1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2011
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Update: the remaining 8 have perked up and are eating, drinking, pooping, running around, and sleeping. I had to deal with one pasty butt, the rest seem perfectly okay. They are very skittish. I had ordered 6 blue orps and 4 lavender orps. Sadly, 3 of the 4 lavs were doa. My seller sent me extra blues, so I have 7 blues and one lav. My Thanksgiving hatch produced two lavs and 2 black/splash orps. Traumatic, but all in all, a nice little brood. I do think the poor fluffies had a rough ride.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by