brooder and grow out cage

WycChickenguy

Songster
7 Years
Jul 14, 2014
Havana,Arkansas

This is our stage 2 brooder / grow out cage. The overall dimensions are 9'L x 26" W x 2' H. It is made where it can be divided into three sections if needed with each having its own hinged lid. Right now one 3' section is being used as a stage 2 brooder for 11 keets . There are 5 older keets in the remaining 6' section waiting to get a bit bigger before being moved to the coop with the full grown guineas.

On hot days the fan circulates air for the grow out side. On the brooder side the height of the light can be adjusted or the light can be turned off for a little while. There is also a window just to the left that can be used to adjust air flow .

On hot days the fan circulates air for the grow out side. On the brooder side the height of the light can be adjusted or the light can be turned off for a little while. There is also a window just to the left that can be used to adjust air flow .
I just can't see how the fan does anything on the floor when the brooder is solid walled except for the top.
I'd be cutting out big windows on the front, cover with HC, then hinge the cut outs at the bottom and closure hooks at the top so you could close them if need be.

But then, maybe it's not as hot in Arkansas as I thin it might be.....and I like mesh fronted brooders for ventilation and visual access for both birds and people.

When needed the fan gets set on the top of the opposite end. The fan tilts so you can adjust the angle of air flow. We will probably add some drop downs after the winter.

Back
Top Bottom