Brooder, check. Baby food, check.

I think that just depends on who your order from. With Ideal there is just a minimum amount you have to spend. I don't recall seeing a minimum number on anything they sell.
smile.png

Quote:
Mine are just going to be fancy lawn ornaments for me that will hopefully lay eggs.
smile.png

1 blue hamburg cockerel
The rest are pullets
3 blue hamburgs
3 california whites
4 sl wyandottes
3 easter eggers

I've wanted hamburgs for a while and when I saw the blues available that week, I knew I had to get some. :)

My friend/mail man says he'll take any packing peanuts that I want to give him. I may give him a couple pullets, too. We'll see. :)

Quote:
Mine are just going to be fancy lawn ornaments for me that will hopefully lay eggs.
smile.png

1 blue hamburg cockerel
The rest are pullets
3 blue hamburgs
3 california whites
4 sl wyandottes
3 easter eggers

I've wanted hamburgs for a while and when I saw the blues available that week, I knew I had to get some. :)

My friend/mail man says he'll take any packing peanuts that I want to give him. I may give him a couple pullets, too. We'll see. :)

I bet those blue Hamburgs will be stunning!!!!
love.gif
You are lucky!!! I am already stresssing over the packing peanuts!!! As you can probably tell from my list, mine is mainly for lawn ornamentation, too!!!
smile.png
It was funny when I placed the order I asked my husband how many La Fleche hens he wanted. He said "a farm full" I informed him we don't have a farm be realistic. He said "alright, 5 or 6". I said "well, I ordered 4". Poor guy....he mumbled "how about 4 then". LOL

ROFL Mine is not in to the "farm" thing at all, but has been super. I was actually going to go shopping in the big city tomorrow or Friday for some things we still need for the baby, but stated that I cannot b/c I need to hang around and wait for the chicks. He actually offered to go pick them up for me at the P.O which is HUGE for him. That and the fact that he didn't complain about me getting a big incubator OR when my friend dropped off 100 eggs for me to have to incubate.
lau.gif
I don't know what's happened to him, but I like it! hehe

If you get packing peanuts (I didn't last time when I ordered 15, but that was in August, I think), why not put them on craigslist or freecycle? I would for sure if I didn't have someone that already wanted them. I know he plans to grow them out and eat them and that's totally fine with me.

If I can 100% for sure tell the extras the day I get them, I might grow them out to eat myself. However, if there is any doubt I will get attached and have to give them away. I am too soft.
smile.png
Sounds like your hubby is definitely a keeper.
smile.png

Oh, I just love the banties but we've already got some and DH says the eggs are too small but I just love my Cochin Banty girls and they make the sweetest sounds. And the Silkies
love.gif
They're so quiet and laid back I might be getting a couple more of those
big_smile.png

*SIGH* bantams........you know, somewhere on this website is a post I made......months ago. It was a thread about what kind of chickens you absolutely do NOT like. My only two answers......naked necks and any bantams. Naked necks because I thought they were too ugly (see that I ordered two....OMG I LOVE them now) and bantams because they seem so useless. Then came Kawaii.......from a hatch of various pure breed eggs. The only bantam to hatch (BTWJ) and she took over my heart immediately. I got her a boyfriend (an EE bantam) and she has her bestest buddy (a standard EE hen who just happens to be extra sweet and a little smaller than normal) but I decided I need to build a completely separate bantam run and have them their own area......sooooooooo.....I am getting more.
smile.png
I had no clue how precious and cute they would be!!! The tiny eggs don't seem to matter now, I just use several.
smile.png

Last edited:
Mine arrived this morning.
yippiechickie.gif
All made it fine including the 14 extra packing peanuts.
th.gif
Mailman is coming to get them after work. Not soon enough! hehe They are wicked loud! Didn't really think they'd get here until tomorrow so heading out shortly to get their feed. Hopefully they'll quite down a little then.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom