Brooder Plates for Ducklings

I have Brinsea Products Ecoglow Safety 1200. My first hatch was 4 duckling, but I've left it to momma duck since. I also had 2 goslings about 2 years later ... who were quickly adopted by the gaggle. It has corkscrew legs you twist to adjust the height while they grow. The 4 ducklings grew up, so I guess the height was good enough.
That is the brand I have too, with the adjustable corkscrew legs. Great product.

I used an Eco-Brooder for my four ducklings, as will as a 40-watt red reptile lamp. The Eco-Brooder could cover my four for about three weeks, at which time they grew too large. They preferred the Eco-Brooder to the red lamp, though they did used the lamp at times, too, and still use it now after baths.

I am getting another batch of ducklings on Monday, and I will use the Eco-Brooder again. :)
Do you think 6 ducklings would be able to fit under if for 3 weeks?
I have Brinsea Products Ecoglow Safety 1200. My first hatch was 4 duckling, but I've left it to momma duck since. I also had 2 goslings about 2 years later ... who were quickly adopted by the gaggle. It has corkscrew legs you twist to adjust the height while they grow. The 4 ducklings grew up, so I guess the height was good enough.
I was thinking of getting that exact brooder plate, you think that would be a good choice?

I was thinking of getting that exact brooder plate, you think that would be a good choice?
If I remember correctly, at 3 weeks all were too big to fit under

Hmm...I really don't think all six would fit under the brooder plate for three full weeks.

However, what I noticed was that as my girls got bigger, two would hang out under the Eco-Glow and one or two would sit on top of it. I also used a red 40-watt reptile bulb as a secondary heat source. I eventually removed the Eco-Glow when none could fit comfortably underneath it anymore.

I just realized, though, that I don't have the Eco-Glow 1200...I have the 600. Yours may work for longer than three weeks!

RentACoop Chick Brooder Heating Plate and Anti-Roost Cone Set - Brooder Heating Plate Warms Up to 15 Chicks - Chick Heater with 25 Adjustable Heights and 15 Watts - Safer Than Heat Lamps - 10" x 10" https://a.co/d/5Uk1ZOc
I used this for 3 ducklings, on the tallest setting my ducks still like to squeeze their butts under it even as adults. I don’t know if it’s big enough for your amount, but I’m pretty sure they also have other sizes

If I remember correctly, at 3 weeks all were too big to fit under

Hmm...I really don't think all six would fit under the brooder plate for three full weeks.

However, what I noticed was that as my girls got bigger, two would hang out under the Eco-Glow and one or two would sit on top of it. I also used a red 40-watt reptile bulb as a secondary heat source. I eventually removed the Eco-Glow when none could fit comfortably underneath it anymore.

I just realized, though, that I don't have the Eco-Glow 1200...I have the 600. Yours may work for longer than three weeks!
Okay, thank you!

The Eco-Glow 1200 is 12"x17", while the 600 is 12"x8", so I'd think the 1200 would work?

RentACoop Chick Brooder Heating Plate and Anti-Roost Cone Set - Brooder Heating Plate Warms Up to 15 Chicks - Chick Heater with 25 Adjustable Heights and 15 Watts - Safer Than Heat Lamps - 10" x 10" https://a.co/d/5Uk1ZOc
I used this for 3 ducklings, on the tallest setting my ducks still like to squeeze their butts under it even as adults. I don’t know if it’s big enough for your amount, but I’m pretty sure they also have other sizes
Thanks! I was looking at RentACoop, and they do have larger sizes.
I may choose one of their brooders, because of prices.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but ducklings need the same heat as chicks, right? 95 degrees the first week, then decrease 5 degrees every week?

When can ducklings be off heat?

Back
Top Bottom