Brooder Plates for Ducklings

Tookie

🐓Eggsuberant🐤
Premium Feather Member
Dec 19, 2021
Central Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I'd like to hear about what brooder plates y'all use for your ducklings! I'll be getting 6 ducklings next month, and I'd like to get a brooder plate for them. This is my first time with ducks. What would be a good option for how many I'm getting? Also, how fast will they outgrow it?
Thanks in advance!

hi Tookie 😄
I have personally never used a Booder plate(yet) because I had heat lamps from my son’s reptiles , however, I noticed in the reviews section on this site there are a lot of reviews for products, and several Brooder plates are included in there. I saw two on the very first page already.

Last edited:
hi Tookie 😄
I have personally never used a Bruder plate(yet) because I had heat lamps from my son’s reptiles , however, I noticed in the reviews section on this site there are a lot of reviews for products, and several Brooder plates are included in there. I saw two on the very first page already.
Okay, thank you!

https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/heating-plates-and-covers
I will say my last 4 ducklings would not use the brooder plate I ended up putting the heat lamp up for them. this link will tell you what size for the number of birds you'll be warming.
I'm thinking I'll want at least a 12x12" plate, since I know ducklings do grow faster than chicks.
When the brooder plates say how many chicks they hold, I believe it's really only for day olds you could fit that many.
I was looking at Rentacoop and Brinsea brands, I'll look into Premier1.
Interesting, never seen anything like that! I'll keep it in mind.

I used an Eco-Brooder for my four ducklings, as will as a 40-watt red reptile lamp. The Eco-Brooder could cover my four for about three weeks, at which time they grew too large. They preferred the Eco-Brooder to the red lamp, though they did used the lamp at times, too, and still use it now after baths.

I am getting another batch of ducklings on Monday, and I will use the Eco-Brooder again. :)

I used an Eco-Brooder for my four ducklings, as will as a 40-watt red reptile lamp. The Eco-Brooder could cover my four for about three weeks, at which time they grew too large. They preferred the Eco-Brooder to the red lamp, though they did used the lamp at times, too, and still use it now after baths.

I am getting another batch of ducklings on Monday, and I will use the Eco-Brooder again. :)
Look at you, what is coming this time? it's so cold I hope they have on down jackets.

I have Brinsea Products Ecoglow Safety 1200. My first hatch was 4 duckling, but I've left it to momma duck since. I also had 2 goslings about 2 years later ... who were quickly adopted by the gaggle. It has corkscrew legs you twist to adjust the height while they grow. The 4 ducklings grew up, so I guess the height was good enough.

Back
Top Bottom