Brooder supplies

No but I have brahmas which have similar traits and personalities.
I found these coop plans on my pet chicken. When It says 8 feet deep, does that mean length?
1610476414821.png

That would mean length. Word of advice: build the biggest coop you can manage/afford to build. Even if you only had 4 chickens, better to build it big than need to build another coop later.
Im trying to build a 6x8 coop because my family said 8x8 would take up too much space. I can't find any compact 6x8 coop plans though. My original plans were the 8x8 construct 101 plans but it was to big.

Ok actually let me give full detail on what I want my coop to be...

6x8 walk-in chicken coop and run able to hold 8-10 standard chickens and external nesting boxes
Is the coop itself 6X8 and the run separate? Or are the measurements for both the coop and the run? A coop by itself that is 6x8 sounds great. You need 3-4sq feet per standard sized chicken for the coop, ideally (I'm way below that myself), and for the run, you should have about 10sq feet per chicken, ideally. I free range currently, so that's why my coop size works even though it's too small. I'm building a much larger coop currently with a run that is 400 sq feet.

Is the coop itself 6X8 and the run separate? Or are the measurements for both the coop and the run? A coop by itself that is 6x8 sounds great. You need 3-4sq feet per standard sized chicken for the coop, ideally (I'm way below that myself), and for the run, you should have about 10sq feet per chicken, ideally. I free range currently, so that's why my coop size works even though it's too small. I'm building a much larger coop currently with a run that is 400 sq feet.
Coop 6x8. Run... haven't done the math yet

How would this box work for a brooder? JPEG_20210112_110356_1737770653273211384.jpg

Back
Top Bottom