Brooder temp

BCLFarm

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 6, 2018
My chicks are 5 weeks old tomorrow. The temp tonight will be in the upper 40s. Will they need a heat lamp overnight? I moved the brooder to the coop a week ago and started putting the chicks in a “play pen” aka wire dog crate during the day out in the run. Between that and the brooder in the coop, I am hoping that makes for a smooth transition into coop with the 3 year olds. Just curious on brooder temp at night. It has been hot so they have not had the heat lamp but it hasn’t been in the 40s overnight.... thanks in advance

My chicks are 5 weeks old tomorrow. The temp tonight will be in the upper 40s. Will they need a heat lamp overnight? I moved the brooder to the coop a week ago and started putting the chicks in a “play pen” aka wire dog crate during the day out in the run. Between that and the brooder in the coop, I am hoping that makes for a smooth transition into coop with the 3 year olds. Just curious on brooder temp at night. It has been hot so they have not had the heat lamp but it hasn’t been in the 40s overnight.... thanks in advance
I would just give them a huddle box in the corner of the brooder coop to help trap their body heat. They'll do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom