BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Temp brooder made with 3 shelf pieces, an aquarium lid, 2 sliding window screens, and a bread rack tray.

What a clever idea! If you wanted to elevate it you could just place it on top of sawhorses to put in the chicken coop. What an easy brooder to build!

Here is our brooder for 6 BO's. An eighty gallon aquarium and stand we just happened to have in the attic! Its working out perfectly - dust is not a problem at all because of the solid sides. Its like a chick tv because it offers complete visibility - since we have it in the living room we notice the chicks watching US sometimes, lol. I was a little worried about temp control, but i monitor the thermometer (and the chicks' behavior) closely ; and we have the heat lamp clipped to an 8 ft 2x4, so we can really adjust it much higher if it gets too hot, and so far we've had zero problems.
Also, here is our play pen, which my Dad and i threw together out of scrap last week. Its a bottomless 4x4x2 pen with a hinged top. I just move it out to the yard and the chicks get to spend a lovely, warm afternoon scratching and testing their wings to their hearts' content. So far all six are happy and healthy!
yesss.gif

I turned this...

Into this...

It's an old tv stand I had sitting in my garage, I was putting it into my truck to head to goodwill when I had the idea. Total cost, $0.00.

Back
Top Bottom