BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Lawn mower box from Ace Hardware. Lined with newspapers and bedding. Worked great for the first 2 weeks without a top, but now the chicks are 3 weeks old and getting big quick so we put some chicken wire over the top.

NOW -

18 days earlier -

My chicks will be arriving in 23 days. I should be able to get a picture of my brooder in the next week or two when I get it set up. Right now its still in the corner of the garage with a bunch of stuff piled in it
th.gif
I have some major cleaning to do!

This is our brooder. When they can fly, the screen mesh on the pic below fits the top. Right now they are out scratching around since I just cleaned the brooder.

Here is a picture of my brooders

Large dog kennel with plastic wrapped around to prevent drafts and keeps pine shavings inside. I also put 1/2" chicken wire around to keep cat paws out.

This is where I keep the larger chicks in the basement until it warms up.This brooder is 5'x3' I took the tarp off the top and wrapped plastic 1/2 way up to prevent drafts and keep the pine shavings in. I put paneling on one end that can be easily removed so when I want to put all the chicks together I can attach it to my other brooder. This way I don't need a third larger brooder.

our quick brooder as we got given few eggs from a friend as there incubator not warming no idea of what they are?

Well, our babies (our FIRST!) will be arriving tomorrow and we just set up their "nursery" ;)
Just cleaned out the old fish tank that was gathering dust, and used the metal shelf off of a utility cart as a lid. Its heavy enough that the cat can't knock it off.
And we have paper towels covering the pine shavings until they figure out not to eat it.
I dont know who is more excited for their arrival, my three-year-old son or me! Haha

Back
Top Bottom