BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

Pics
Quote:
Oh yeaaahhh... those sound like VERY famous last words!! I can just picture you raising your tenth "crop" and looking back at the good ol' days of card board boxes!!
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Everyone, Meet the 'Supah Broodah!' ... Someone suggested putting our brooder together with plywood and hinges, so we did so. Instead of the 4x4 brooder the poster had, we did ours 4x8 and it took 2 hours to build start to finish (whhattt, we took a break and went to have an ice cream!)

meatiebrooder.jpg

This is where our meat birds will be from day one until slaughter, after we're done this batch we're adding rubber wheels to it and a hitch so we can tow it in and out of the garage with the lawn tractor, we'll also add a pop-door and ramp so the meaties can go for a stroll in the grass. Ohhh yeah and it's going to be in our garage as well, it has a stick on tile floor, and sits on skids so I can stick rat traps underneath it incase we should get some and mouse traps. The heatlamp will hang from the rafter over the mesh part, that mesh part has a handle and lifts up on hinges and is ACTUALLY from our original brooder we brooded our 15 gals in last summer. The bit with the brooders name on it (lol) is fixed. For clean out, we'll pop the hinges on the end and scoop it out into the john deere trailer to go down to the poo bunker.

Last edited:
Great video - Loved the beginning with the phone message, music and trip to the post office.

Yep - you are going to out grow that brooder in a couple days.

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your new chicks.

Love the video, adorable chicks! The message was so cute, I can't wait to get one of them on my answering machine! Tho I'll probably fly to the phone, it's getting close now!
big_smile.png

Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom