Brooders for Pheasant Chicks

Rickey Hunt

Hatching
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Would like to see some pictures of brooder pens for your pheasant chicks. I will be building a brooder pen and would like to get some ideas from you seasoned breeders.

I use a small room in the barn, gives them a lot space which seems to keep the fighting to a minmum. currently have 50+ in there

I use a Pet Porter - see attached pictures

brooder1.jpg

brooder.jpg

hey i use a lg rubbermaid to start, with a bolted on t of 1by1 to hook the lamp on, then a screen cover if i have chicks that fly,.
im waiting for my first hopfully successful pheasant hatch., 3 days?
silkymom

I use a 31 gallon rubbermaid roughneck tote until they outgrow it. Then they go into a box my hubby made, thats about 4' x 6' x 2.5' with a screened top that lifts up on hinges. I keep the light on them at least 5-6 weeks.

High Flyer, thanks for that pic. That is probabaly what my setup will look like. I'm thinking a Kiddy pool with cardboard all around as a windbreak in place of the tubs. In a drafty barn do you guys think that that is sufficent to keep them safe from cold nights? We can expect one last frost in the first weeks but since I live in the desert the average temps will be 45 low and 85 high.

Back
Top Bottom