mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
I'm literally at a loss for what to do.
lol.png

I've got 2 broody geese, a broody duck and six broody hens. Gathering eggs is near impossible, especially when my geese are stealing and sitting on chicken eggs. You try to do it without getting bit, and it's impossible. Those girls bite, and hard.

I moved three hens this morning to our unused coop, and I'm going to attempt to move the other three, but they're all clumped together. They're all three huddled up and mean? My goodness. I've never had broodies before, after keeping chickens here for 5 years and now, I'm wishing they'd stop! I'm going to have peeps galore here in a couple weeks.

The geese are sitting on duck eggs, the duck is on chicken eggs, and the other broodies are all on chicken eggs. It'll be an interesting hatch.

Blessings-
Em

Wow! You know, it must be the weather or something because I had two broody Buckeye hens, a broody silkie, two broody bantam cochins, and a broody Olive Egger this year! Other years, I prayed for a broody and never got one.

You've really got it bad though! I wouldn't want to be bitten by a goose either!

Take care,
Sharon

had my first broody earlier this spring, a Buff Orp. I gave her 5 eggs to sit on, and 2 hatched. Now I have another broody BO and 2 broody Dominiques. With 3 nest boxes for my 12 hens, each box is occupied and there's a constant traffic jam
hmm.png

I have 4 broodies including two Polish and a Leghorn. I had a barred rock sitting for weeks and just when I moved her so I could put chicks under her, she decided it was not for her. I have separated the sweetest of the Polish. She is still setting and trance-like, but I'm not sure how she is going to take to some babies. She has only been sitting for about a week. So nervous and unsure what to do. I am afraid I am over thinking it. I guess I will just try and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom