Brooding Question

givengrove

Chirping
Mar 15, 2017
Missouri
My white feather-footed bantam (Monroe) has been brooding for maybe a couple weeks, I don't know if her eggs are fertilized but I just yesterday ordered some easter egger hatching eggs and I think (THINK) they will arrived about a day old (but still eggs) so I don't know if by then she will dismiss herself as not hatching any eggs or if she will keep brooding until the eggs hatch?

Basically I want to know if she will brood until her eggs hatch or will she just get tired and walk off after the period of time when they should have hatched?

My white feather-footed bantam (Monroe) has been brooding for maybe a couple weeks, I don't know if her eggs are fertilized but I just yesterday ordered some easter egger hatching eggs and I think (THINK) they will arrived about a day old (but still eggs) so I don't know if by then she will dismiss herself as not hatching any eggs or if she will keep brooding until the eggs hatch?

Basically I want to know if she will brood until her eggs hatch or will she just get tired and walk off after the period of time when they should have hatched?
The only way to know is to try, but I would recommend having an incubator set up and ready just in case. Some will quit around 3 weeks, some won't stop until their broodiness is broken or they have babies.

Back
Top Bottom