Brooding Saddleback - Can Barely Walk

alycececelia

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 7, 2013
We have 3 geese - all female - all layers - none will hatch. One goose stays on the nest almost constantly and will not get off unless forced. we remove the eggs - we make her get off - its at the point where she can barely walk from sitting. We have even destroyed the nest and she rebuilt it.

How are we going to keep her off so she doesn't completely paralyze herself? Advise appreciated

Have you tried locking her out of her house for the day? I don't know if that would work, but it's worth a shot.

You’ll have to destroy the nest and place something over where the nest was so she can’t rebuild and locking her out may help too. I haven’t had my goose do this, but I have my Muscovy boy they are sure hard headed.

Thanks all. I'm not sure if it is coincidence or just perfect timing but we gave her some elecgtrolytes yesterday - forced her off and "took her for a walk" - took the eggs away and today she is out and about! Hopefully they are done laying so she doesn't become preoccupied again but thank you!!!-

Thanks all. I'm not sure if it is coincidence or just perfect timing but we gave her some elecgtrolytes yesterday - forced her off and "took her for a walk" - took the eggs away and today she is out and about! Hopefully they are done laying so she doesn't become preoccupied again but thank you!!!-

Back
Top Bottom