Broody Ayam Cemani

Very nice start!

Question, in first pic the chick on the left has little white wingtips... was that the only one, or were there 2 that had those?

I am just curious, testing a theory I have/heard about... I have had leakage crop up in my own as well, but so far this generation, I didn't toe punch a single chick with those traits and haven't seen any leakage in any of the cockerels *so far* :fl
:pop

Very nice start!

Question, in first pic the chick on the left has little white wingtips... was that the only one, or were there 2 that had those?

I am just curious, testing a theory I have/heard about... I have had leakage crop up in my own as well, but so far this generation, I didn't toe punch a single chick with those traits and haven't seen any leakage in any of the cockerels *so far* :fl

I can't exactly remember, but I am pretty sure that the chick with the white wing tips was the only chick who showed signs of leakage that early (it was "Satchmo").
Good luck!! :fl

Thanks!!

They are so cute, I want to melt... okay so here is a funny story, I was on BYC for East. WA- N.Idaho thread(we really should be one state, separate from WA, and ID) any how I was chatting with a gal from ID and showed her pics of my gray eggs, and she showed me pic of Ayam cemani chickens. I wanted AC chicks she said she had a friend in ID who sells AC eggs, I told her I would drive 5 hrs and do a trade, so we did. (I home incubated, but was away for a few days and they didn't hatch, my fault) Now 2 years later I looked up on Ebay eggs I wanted, and the lady who supplied the eggs my friend gave to me is selling me eggs :love.

Haha!! :lau Too funny!

Well, she has a few.... :lau When she gets off the nest to eat and drink, some of the other girls will lay in the nest she has been sitting on. I gather the eggs in the evening, and the cycle continues the next morning :lol:
Do you think they'll hatch? May end up with a bunch of momma's for em if they do..:D
Not a bad thing I suppose..:idunno

Do you think they'll hatch? May end up with a bunch of momma's for em if they do..:D
Not a bad thing I suppose..:idunno

Yeah... I guess it can't be too bad! :lol: If I leave them there long enough, they would probably hatch. A few days ago I was gathering eggs, and wondered if they might be fertile (I have 4 very active cockerels). So I cracked them all open, and about 7/8 had bulls-eyes!

Back
Top Bottom