Broody Buff Orpington

90 * sounds like your near me. Im in florida those r the temps it stays and since those r brooding temps id go go for it. Lucky im stuck with my incubator for now none of my ladies have decided on broodyness thus far. Wish o had powerless incubator with thunderstorm season coming

Ohh dang. I didnt know it got that hot there. Hope the broody is doing well none of mine r sittin frr. Im soo jelous.i just put 28 guinea fowl eggs in an incubator and then while i was at work a thunderstorm knocked the power out for a lil. No idea how long. Hopefully all will be fine. Good luck with your hatch

I'm so sorry. :( I hope the eggs are ok. My parents aren't letting her hatch but she WON'T stop being broody......she's been broody for about a month now. I wish she would just stop being broody or let her hatch.

I'm so sorry. :( I hope the eggs are ok. My parents aren't letting her hatch but she WON'T stop being broody......she's been broody for about a month now. I wish she would just stop being broody or let her hatch.
Are you able to put her in a broody buster cage? Wire-bottomed, slightly elevated, no bedding with only food and water. Can take 3-5 days, maybe more since she's been broody for so long. It's best to try to break her if you can, since being broody can be hard on them.

The only wire bottomed cage I have is being used for my 8 week old chicks in my chicken run.

Back
Top Bottom