Broody duck hatching questions help

How do the eggs look? Is she still close by? Hopefully, nothing is wrong and she'll be back to sitting. Didn't you think hatching is getting close?

Duck central reporting in....
Ok. A little concerned this morning. She's been away from the nest for awhile now. Definitely not the norm. I've noticed that just before it rains, she'll leave for a little while, not longer than 1/2 an hour. There'e been a light rain this AM, but she hasn't returned yet. Had to shew some sparrows away from taking some down from her nest. I hope I'm worrying for nothing. Will keep you posted.
Update:
She just flew in!! Back on the nest! have a nice groove in my carpet from all the pacing....lol
Will keep you posted....again!

How do the eggs look? Is she still close by? Hopefully, nothing is wrong and she'll be back to sitting. Didn't you think hatching is getting close?
All the eggs are covered with down. I don't think she really travels that far away. This morning, though, she's never been away that long. She flew in just as I was ending the post....lol There's a few more days left (if I can make it that long.....lol) Gonna need new carpet before this is all over....lol

It’s def nerve wracking. Glad to hear she came back. Thanks for updating.
Update from Duck central.....

We've Got babies, People!!
See only 3 so far......will keep you posted!!!!
Count just went up to 6! Seems like she's covering most of them. And trying to get up close now is definitely out of the question.
This is soooo cool!!! Ok. We are at 11 now!! Gotta go.....don't want to miss any of this!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom