Broody Duck!

ChunkyBirb

Songster
Mar 26, 2020
I have a broody duck who was sitting on a clutch of 15 eggs for about a week and a half. I couldn’t find her nest, so I was never able to candle her eggs. I eventually found it and she had been sitting on infertile eggs for the week and a half that I couldn’t find her nest. I decided to replace some of the infertile eggs with fertile ones. She has been sitting on the fertile eggs for 3 days and today I candled them and they were alive! My question is: Will momma duck stop incubation a week and a half early because that’s when she started sitting on her original clutch, or will she continue to sit until the fertile eggs hatch?

I have a broody duck who was sitting on a clutch of 15 eggs for about a week and a half. I couldn’t find her nest, so I was never able to candle her eggs. I eventually found it and she had been sitting on infertile eggs for the week and a half that I couldn’t find her nest. I decided to replace some of the infertile eggs with fertile ones. She has been sitting on the fertile eggs for 3 days and today I candled them and they were alive! My question is: Will momma duck stop incubation a week and a half early because that’s when she started sitting on her original clutch, or will she continue to sit until the fertile eggs hatch?
Let me find someone to help you that has more experience. @DucksAreBest

Yes, she will continue to sit on the eggs until they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom