Broody goose hatched goslings PICTURE

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
I have a broody toulouse hen that was sitting on 7 eggs, 6 developed and made it to the hatch. Today is day 28, and so far she has one gosling out, with a bunch more eggs pipped.
wee.gif

Last edited:
I have 4 goslings out. The other 2 eggs I dont think are going to hatch. Plus she had 3 new eggs under her that she must have just laid. So I took those and put those in the incubator. Who knows if they are fertile since she has been sitting 28 days. The other hen that is in with her, went over and sat right with her and is helping her take care of the new goslings. Pictures later.
big_smile.png

OMG, they are really cute. What kind a gooses? Chickens are good for eggs and meat but why would you have geeses. I just ask cause I need a reason to get some.
big_smile.png

I use mine to keep predators away from the chicken pens, and for entertainment.
smile.png
Even though I know we have raccoons, ferrets, coyotes, and the occasional mountain lion in the area I haven't lost any of my birds to them (now the neighbor's dog is another issue--but he's gone now). I know a lot of people eat their geese, but I just can't. I got mine as pets and named them all--the roosters are fair game for dinner, but the waterbirds are totally safe. lol

Back
Top Bottom