Broody hatched eggs —help!

I don’t think it’s other predators like a mouse snake or rat I’ve seen any evidence of them. Wouldn’t they have attacked the other 4 baby chicks and what about the empty shell? I really think it may be her.... do they eat their own??? God I feel horrible for that baby chick!!! The rest of the flock truly seems to be oblivious of the broodys and chicks! Broody #1 is viscous if another chicken even come near her chicks. I wish I had a camera in the coop.., or maybe not if they’re eating their own

I don’t think it’s other predators like a mouse snake or rat I’ve seen any evidence of them. Wouldn’t they have attacked the other 4 baby chicks and what about the empty shell? I really think it may be her.... do they eat their own??? God I feel horrible for that baby chick!!! The rest of the flock truly seems to be oblivious of the broodys and chicks! Broody #1 is viscous if another chicken even come near her chicks. I wish I had a camera in the coop.., or maybe not if they’re eating their own
It might be smart to put one. Just incase it happens again.

Watching a mother hen care for her young could be so entertaining and enjoyable! I’ll never hatch out of an incubator again!
It is amazing!
Be prepared for when she weans them, it can be excruciating.
After having several broodies hatch, and a half dozen batches of incubator chicks,
I'd rather integrate bator chicks.

Back
Top Bottom