Broody hen and eggs got wet- What should I do?

If one has already hatched, I would handle the other eggs as little as possible. They need to be in the right position to hatch. Move her to a safer place if you can and leave them under her and give her another couple of days.
I try to keep them in a similar position while candling. I just really want to know if any are good anymore. If all I see is veining still, then I may buy her chicks if possible.

So, update on Willow-

I took all six of her remaining eggs and candled them. One had nothing going on, and every other egg was fully developed (I think that most are still alive) Everytims I have held the eggs to look for pips or listen for peeps, two or three have been cold. There is an egg with a dent because of her squishing it, but it looks fully developed. I put that egg back under her, and put the four remaining eggs in my incubator.
The bator temp in 99.5, and the humidity is 66. Should I raise the humidity?

So, update on Willow-

I took all six of her remaining eggs and candled them. One had nothing going on, and every other egg was fully developed (I think that most are still alive) Everytims I have held the eggs to look for pips or listen for peeps, two or three have been cold. There is an egg with a dent because of her squishing it, but it looks fully developed. I put that egg back under her, and put the four remaining eggs in my incubator.
The bator temp in 99.5, and the humidity is 66. Should I raise the humidity?
since the eggs have kind of been in and out of hatching conditions, I'd say raise rhe humidity a bit more - especially out of concern for the dented egg.

Back
Top Bottom