Broody hen and eggs: Hatching journal! *UPDATE: PICS! 3 HATCHED!!!*

Hope all goes well! Can't wait to see chick pics...
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

6-11-09
Day ?

*No babies yesterday.
barnie.gif
Haven't checked on the broody hen and eggs today today. This is both good news and bad news; the good news is that they may hatch this weekend instead, if they are younger than I thought. The bad news is that they may be at the age that I thought they were at first and aren't going to hatch. Not sure what's going to happen yet. But I will call my dad and ask if any hatched yet. I'm really hoping for a good update!
fl.gif
th.gif
fl.gif
pop.gif

COME ON LITTLE CHIKIES! YOU CAN MAKE IT!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

(everyone cheer for them! maybe they need a little encouragement!)

ok I guess I will do the cheering...
roll.png

But anyways, here's new update:

No chicks yesterday. Momma hen still doing her job. Starting to get a little worried if I was correct about how old they are. If so, then today would be like day 25 or something.
hmm.png
But if I'm wrong, and they ARE younger than I thought, then today should be around day 21-24ish...

Please cheer on these little guys if it's not too much to ask.
smile.png

Thanks!

GO CHICKIES! GO CHICKIES! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
pop.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

This evening I'm going to find out if any chicks hatched today or not.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
And I'm going to candle to make sure they are still alive. I'm going to be really disappointed if none make it.
sad.png
But tonight I will find out.
I'm really worried now because everyday when I call my dad I ask if any chicks hatched and he either says "No" or "I haven't seen any yet".
hmm.png
Everyday I hope that he says "Yes" instead of "No". Everyday I get more and more worried when all I hear is "No". I just want to hear "Yes" instead!
he.gif

I'm thinking about calling him and asking again, but I honestly am afraid to hear him say that he hasn't seen any chicks yet.
hit.gif
I've been waiting nearly 10 months for this moment and it's going to be really discouraging if none hatch.
sad.png
If none hatch, I'm going to see if my dad will buy some chicks to replace the eggs so Setherina won't be sad about all the hard work that she did but none made it.

Thanks to everyone(or anyone) who has cheered the little chicks on. I appreciate it.
hugs.gif

NE EGG HAS HATCHED!!!!! ONE EGG HAS HATCHED!!!!!!
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
hit.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
hit.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
I"m soooooo happy and excited!!!!!!!! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

My dad just told me that he woke up this morning and found one peeping under the broody hen!
ya.gif
wee.gif
He said it's probably oneof the BOXCochin because it's buff-colored! I'm soo happy!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I will take pics this weekend!!!!!
THANKS EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! I hope more hatch soon!
ya.gif
woot.gif
fl.gif
celebrate.gif

Hi everyone!

Guess what happened over the weekend with our broody hen and eggs??!! 3 chicks hatched!!!!!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
And I took a few pics(before my camera's battery ran out...)
roll.png

Here are the names(they all hatched 1 day after another): Peanut, Juno, and Suzy!
love.gif
They are soooo small and adorable!
wee.gif
Peanut is suppose to be the CochinXBuff Orp. and the other two are Red StarXRIR.

Peanut:(first to hatch)
14678_picture_130.jpg

Peanut with Juno(Juno was 2nd to hatch):
14678_picture_137.jpg

I didn't get any pics of Suzy, but she looks like Juno except is a bit lighter.
love.gif

We threw out A LOT(maybe 10+) eggs that didn't develope. 1 had developed but died and one had been crushed when developing.
sad.png

and sadly, we lost 1 chick while it was hatching. It was suppose to be a RIRXRed Star.

But right now, the broody hen and her chicks are bonding well and the rooster and other hen are getting used to them. more updates soon!

thumbsup.gif
Congratulates!! I watched your thread a long time ago and was SO sad when your egg didn't hatch then. I'm so happy you now have babies. This is my hen's third time setting on eggs and she had 18 under her but I reduced them to 14 after candling. We're on day 16, I believe, but like you, I'm not sure how long she was sitting on them before I found her. I'm really not very good at candling so we'll see what happens. I'm so excited for you to watch your little ones with their mama. A broody hen is SO cute teaching her young chicks how to survive. You'll love it. Sharon
ya.gif
: weee

Back
Top Bottom