Broody hen developing wry neck?

For the vitamins I would direct dose her instead of mixing them with food.
Get a hold of her wattles, pull down, pop the pill in and let her swallow. This ensures she's getting them.

Check her out good to see that her crop is emptying overnight and she has no lice/mites.
I bought a dust for northern fowl mites lice and another mite it has permethrin in it should I just goa ahead and dust them all tonight as well as the coop as a precaution my eyesight isn’t that great even with glasses

I bought a dust for northern fowl mites lice and another mite it has permethrin in it should I just goa ahead and dust them all tonight as well as the coop as a precaution my eyesight isn’t that great even with glasses
It probably wouldn't hurt to dust them.
For powder, I put a little of it in a sock. This helps control the application of the dust, those can shakers are terrible. Tap the sock onto the feathers to release a fine dust, then rub it into the feathers down to the skin. Make sure to get the tail, under the vent and wings too.
Wear a mask!!

For powder, I put a little of it in a sock. This helps control the application of the dust, those can shakers are terrible. Tap the sock onto the feathers to release a fine dust, then rub it into the feathers down to the skin. Make sure to get the tail, under the vent and wings too.
Wear a mask!!
She hasn’t sat on the eggs since yesterday is there any way to save them? They are 12-13 days in and have chicks in them.

In your photos and in the video shorts, this hen is not roosting, she's on the floor unable to roost so you should be able to reach her just fine.

Pick her up and examine her for lice/mites. Check her over really well.
See that she's getting fluids, electrolytes would be good. Get the vitamins as suggested into her too.
Once she's had fluids, get some wet feed into her and see how it goes.
Ok I gave her both pills tonight and checked her crop it was soft and I could feel her feed in it. She was free ranging with the flock and dust bathing.

Wear a mask!!
Do I need to reapply on the chickens after I take all the bedding out and apply the powder to the chicken house itself? Or is the one application good?

Repeat treatment in 7 days.

It would be good to treat the housing too, getting into nooks/crannies, nesting boxes, roosting bars, etc.
For housing, I prefer to use spray since it's a bit easier, but for the birds themselves I like to use dusting powder.

She hasn’t sat on the eggs since yesterday is there any way to save them? They are 12-13 days in and have chicks in them.

Ok I gave her both pills tonight and checked her crop it was soft and I could feel her feed in it. She was free ranging with the flock and dust bathing.
Somehow I missed these 2.

12-13 days, candle the eggs and see if there's still any movement, some may still be viable. If they are, then put them in the bator and see what happens.

Good, I'm glad you got the pills into her.

The crop should feel like it has something in it during waking hours since she's been eating/drinking, roaming about. Feel her crop again first thing in the morning before she eat/drinks to see if it's empty/flat.

Back
Top Bottom