Broody Hen doesnt like cage idea!!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
She looked scared and was freaking out. She was putting her head through the cage and seeing if she could get out. I had to take her out before she hirt herself. I blocked off the nesting boxes and she is nesting in front of them now.

Last time she was broody I had her in a cage inside cause I guess she was more comfortable. It kind of worked but like a whole week of her in the house and than when I brought her back out it still took a couple days until she stopped. But I was told I shouldnt do that so now I'm left with no ideas.

Cold water bath. Frozen golf balls. If you put the broody cage inside her coop then she might feel more secure.
the cage was in the coop she's just very skittish. I will give her a cold bath I would have to wait for a hot day. would I use soap? or just a water bath without the actual cleaning. I will freeze golf balls thank you.

the cage was in the coop she's just very skittish. I will give her a cold bath I would have to wait for a hot day. would I use soap? or just a water bath without the actual cleaning. I will freeze golf balls thank you.
I don't use soap, just cold water to cool her broody body temp down. The earlier you catch them being broody the easier it is to break them.

Back
Top Bottom