Broody Hen doesnt like cage idea!!

How would she be able to walk if the cag is elevated above the ground? the cage we have are big enough holes for her feet to go through.
Show us a pic of your crate, please.
You add smaller mesh to the floor of crate.
I use 1x2 mesh and add a chunk of 2x4 lumber for a 'roost'.
1620646835773.png

How would she be able to walk if the cag is elevated above the ground? the cage we have are big enough holes for her feet to go through.

The holes in the bottom of the cage I used were 4x4 so I just turned it over and sat it on it's roof -- you can see in the photo that it's up on a pallet for good airflow underneath.

I put her in the penthouse, she is walking back and foruth trying to see if she can get out and making noises. Is she scared? Or uncomfortable? This is temporary for the night so she doesnt nest, I am going to go back out and check on her.

Attachments

• 20210510_200144.jpg
    20210510_200144.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210510_200150.jpg
    20210510_200150.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 16
Never mind she nested under the roost which is fine, I moved her to the nesting box and put a frozen water bottle under her. She will most likely move off of it but since shes in the box all happy I'll see in the morning. I'm going to do the cage this tomrrow, I think I have a mesh tarp thingy but it's small.

Don't be surprised if she flaps around and knocks things over at dusk. Just leave her be unless she actually manages to get caught in the bars. She'll calm down once it's completely dark.
I acaully moved her into the penthouse area, she can see the flock on the roost and took her a little bit to stop getting caught in the bars but she finally roosted in the cage and stayed calm, my only problem is tomrrow during the day if I leave her in the run she get broody and nest on the floor of the cage. I wont be there as I have school, but someone else in the house s going to check on her throughout the day and if any emergencies they will go in and help her.

Back
Top Bottom