Broody hen eating her eggs? HELP!

I would wait one more day, candle the eggs to see if there is any movement. Did you ever candle the eggs? Maybe they were infertile.
Yes I candled them halfway in the process and they were all developing. But then I checked again yesterday since they were not hatching and I can’t see anything, it’s pitch black... I don’t hear anything either... they were all layed the same day.

If it is dark black and air cell I would give it more time. Dark black there are chicks there whether they are alive or not?
You do not have anything to lose if the hen sits on them couple more days. I would leave her.

If it is dark black and air cell I would give it more time. Dark black there are chicks there whether they are alive or not?
You do not have anything to lose if the hen sits on them couple more days. I would leave her.
Yes there is an air pocket ... I hope she gets at least one... she worked sooo hard 🥺

Ughh I really don’t know in this situation, just let her have them. If she does it again I would take them from her. Wishing you the best of luck!! Keep us updated..

so waht happened
None of them hatched sadly... she didn’t kill them but she wasn’t a very good broody and she got off the nest way too often. But since she really did want chicks and she was still brooding on nothing, we slipped a little new born chick under her and she is happy now even though she has only one :). His name is Ginger.

Attachments

• DA9438C6-0255-4011-A308-67C22CE97A0F.jpeg
    DA9438C6-0255-4011-A308-67C22CE97A0F.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 4
Had broody hen was really mad when I found a missing egg and the other eggs were dirty turns out the egg exploded on day 3 and the hen was covered is bad yolk along with the eggs

None of them hatched sadly... she didn’t kill them but she wasn’t a very good broody and she got off the nest way too often. But since she really did want chicks and she was still brooding on nothing, we slipped a little new born chick under her and she is happy now even though she has only one :). His name is Ginger.
My hen was often picked when broody and she would always be out of the nest turns out the she hatched 8/10 eggs successfully despite her lack of time incubating the eggs I would have to chase her with a broom back to her nest because she wouldn't go back she has been very good aggressive mother despite her small size

Back
Top Bottom