Broody hen got off eggs the first day

Rmac2323

Hatching
Apr 14, 2024
I have two broody silkies that were brooding together. I bought them some eggs and put them under them yesterday. The one silkie is still on them this morning. The other rejected hers. Since it was the first day are those eggs still viable. They were cold this morning.

I have two broody silkies that were brooding together. I bought them some eggs and put them under them yesterday. The one silkie is still on them this morning. The other rejected hers. Since it was the first day are those eggs still viable. They were cold this morning.
If you have an incubator, I would put the rejected eggs in, then candle in 5-7 days to see if they show development.

I think there is a good chance they are still viable, but not a certainty.

:welcome Welcome looks like you have already gotten some good advice. There are many very knowledgeable folks here on BYC that are more than willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom