broody hen hatching! day 21 with 1 hatched 1 not pipped!!!

I’ve been pretty eggcited lately because I am now hatching more babies and maybe a Plymouth Rock for the first time in my life. I have the mix breeds but I’m super eggcited for my Plymouth Rock.
Lol love your joke "egg cited"
and yeah it would be pretty fun to hatch a Plymouth Rock! They are very pretty chicks xx

She is Plymouth Rock because Maran's lay dark brown eggs
So she is actually a Maran but I searched up eggs from Maran's and it actually came up as a chart of different ones and white ones were on there. (I can't take a picture because it isn't letting me attach files)

So let's talk about the egg of the chick, because I think you can help?
My hen has been off the nest with her chick and I think abandoned her eggs, but I've been keeping them on their hoping it will hatch. I still can't hear any chirping or see any pips or sign of movement. It's the end of day 22 and I don't think it will hatch but I'm hoping the best for it.

So she is actually a Maran but I searched up eggs from Maran's and it actually came up as a chart of different ones and white ones were on there. (I can't take a picture because it isn't letting me attach files)

My hen has been off the nest with her chick and I think abandoned her eggs, but I've been keeping them on their hoping it will hatch. I still can't hear any chirping or see any pips or sign of movement. It's the end of day 22 and I don't think it will hatch but I'm hoping the best for it.
Those are eggs they may lay occasionally lay. My Plymouth Rock I own looks very much like a Maran and I mistaken it as one. The only way to tell is the egg colour.

Have you tapped on the egg and whistled to it

Back
Top Bottom