broody hen hatching! day 21 with 1 hatched 1 not pipped!!!

ChickenFan_56

In the Brooder
Jan 13, 2024
so my broody hen has been laying on 6 eggs, but we found out only 3 were fertile. We think she squashed one, on day 18, that was 3 days until hatching and unfortunately died. We came down today and checked her (day 21) and found a chick but the other egg has not pipped nor chirping.

Attachments

• PXL_20240113_060415116.jpg
    PXL_20240113_060415116.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 64
Give it a couple more days, and then see what happens. Were all your eggs set on same day,,, so no eggs were set later?? What I'm getting at... Maybe the unhatched egg is only on day 18 or different.

WSHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Give it a couple more days, and then see what happens. Were all your eggs set on same day,,, so no eggs were set later?? What I'm getting at... Maybe the unhatched egg is only on day 18 or different.

Yes, we put all eggs under on the same day, same time. No movement, or sound on day 21.

Yes, we put all eggs under on the same day, same time. No movement, or sound on day 21.

Will let you know what happens to the chick! Hopefully it lives, if it goes past day 24 do I assist??

Back
Top Bottom