Broody hen help!

Cover the crate top and the side closest to the nest boxes.
I would lock her in there for the day and night and see if she settles down. Just give her some time. Let her out in the morning so she can take care of her bodily functions but stick around to watch her return because she will undoubtedly head right back up to her nest box. You will want to block her way and try to guide her into the crate then close the door again. You can let her out again a bit before roost time so she can again get something to eat and drink. The again, guide her in. Don't physically put her in the crate on the nest. Put her in front of the door and block her from getting out if possible. Let her look at the nest and at least think about going in on her own.
Once they are really really broody, they should graft to the new nest site if it's semi-private.
Again, give my article a read. I will answer lots of questions without me having to re-type the same information I'll give you here.
Your info was so helpful, thanks! She’s been diligently sitting on real eggs for a few days now. However, I still have to lock her in- is that normal?
I remove her 2-3x a day to eat/drink/poop. She stays 10 min or so but still navigates to the old nest boxes before her new area. When I walk her over to the new nest she hops right in and sits on her eggs. Do you think she will start to go back there first?

Your info was so helpful, thanks! She’s been diligently sitting on real eggs for a few days now. However, I still have to lock her in- is that normal?
I remove her 2-3x a day to eat/drink/poop. She stays 10 min or so but still navigates to the old nest boxes before her new area. When I walk her over to the new nest she hops right in and sits on her eggs. Do you think she will start to go back there first?
You'll have to keep monitoring her and managing her breaks. She will eventually go to the correct nest site. When she does that three times in a row without your intervention you can leave the crate door open.

Back
Top Bottom