Broody Hen kicked viable egg out of nest

Welcome to BYC! I’m so excited to see you joined! This wonderful community of poultry keepers and experts will be very happy to answer whatever questions you may have ☺️
2597B463-677F-4157-AC36-DFECF544032A.png

Since turning is really less important toward the end of incubation, I'd lock down earlier...today, even. How do the air cells look? Unless they're huge already, you may want to consider leaving the humidity at regular incubation levels and not upping it until you see pipping (I do this). Best of luck with your hatch!
Thank you so much! I will stop rotation immediately and I’ll hold off on upping the humidity as the air cells aren’t huge at the moment. I really appreciate your quick reply. This hatching business is making me a nervous wreck! Hahaha

Welcome to BYC! Good luck with your egg. Be sure and keep us updated! Will you give the chick to the broody?
If it hatches and she will accept it, then I would much prefer for her to raise it with the rest of the chicks. I feel like they do so much better that way and I just love watching the mamas teach them how to be little chickens. ☺️

If it hatches and she will accept it, then I would much prefer for her to raise it with the rest of the chicks. I feel like they do so much better that way and I just love watching the mamas teach them how to be little chickens. ☺️
I've had great luck by putting the chicks in with mom. I put the chicks along with the egg shell parts under her. I hope you will have good luck too, because you are right, the hens teach them so much.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom