Broody hen killing baby chicks

Pics
It's got a lot better here over the years. I lose one or two a year now. Looking at some of the devastation on the ER and general boards those numbers don't look too bad.
The problem here is the European Goshawk. It's a fact of free ranging. You're going to lose some.
1 or 2 a year sounds perfectly acceptable to me. I can’t nor do I want to kill everything. There’s always problem animals that need to be dealt with. That’s up for the owner to decide what to do.

I think everybody should just agree to disagree on this subject!!! I don't have chickens but I do have ducks & like I said in my previous post 1 is broody sitting on a nest of 6 eggs, I take very good care of my ducks, they free range on 1acre during the day & are penned at night, I watch them like a hawk when I'm home, they are my "babies" some people including my husband say I baby them to much but I don't care it's my life & my ducks, I treat my dogs the same way. Everybody looks at there animals differently, in my opinion I don't feel some people should have animals but that's just me. My point to this is, if u have animals of any kind U need to love, care & respect them as much as they do u.

I think everybody should just agree to disagree on this subject!!! I don't have chickens but I do have ducks & like I said in my previous post 1 is broody sitting on a nest of 6 eggs, I take very good care of my ducks, they free range on 1acre during the day & are penned at night, I watch them like a hawk when I'm home, they are my "babies" some people including my husband say I baby them to much but I don't care it's my life & my ducks, I treat my dogs the same way. Everybody looks at there animals differently, in my opinion I don't feel some people should have animals but that's just me. My point to this is, if u have animals of any kind U need to love, care & respect them as much as they do u.

Well said! I feel the smart way!

I think debate and discussion is a good thing. If we all just agree to disagree and carry on regardless nobody learns and nothing changes.;)

I agree with that. We may not agree on what each other does, but each of us sharing our own experiences can still be helpful to someone. And if any of our practices encourage someone to change the way they do something, then all the better! :)

Back
Top Bottom