Broody hen not eating.

Thanks @centrarchid
Thanks so much. That’s really helpful, and it is all things I had noticed but didn’t realise it was like a trace @Shadrach. We thought the squarking and flapping were funny to watch.

However, she’s now with chicks. I wasn’t sure if the chicks were ready to go outside yet (a week old and less).

I’ll try the wetted food @aart @NatJ - I assume just some chick crumb with water so it’s mushy?
Do not thank me. Most people here, even those that should have experience, are giving advice that manages the birds to death, in part, through apparent ignorance or just wanting to appear sweet and loving

I’m not sure which bit you’re referring to, but I think everyone keeps chickens for different reasons and has personal opinion of what level of intervention they have with their birds.
Personally, mine are pets. I only have a handful (7 in total including the chicks) and the broody was hand raised from a chick herself last year. Hand feeding her on the nest is definitely not natural, and not for everyone, but my birds have been used to that kind of thing. For example... they all have daily cuddles... even the cockerel! 🤣 And I know that’s not for everyone!

I’m not sure which bit you’re referring to, but I think everyone keeps chickens for different reasons and has personal opinion of what level of intervention they have with their birds.
Personally, mine are pets. I only have a handful (7 in total including the chicks) and the broody was hand raised from a chick herself last year. Hand feeding her on the nest is definitely not natural, and not for everyone, but my birds have been used to that kind of thing. For example... they all have daily cuddles... even the cockerel! 🤣 And I know that’s not for everyone!
You do not know my relationship with some of my birds then. Better do some research before assuming.

My girl seems to be doing well, thus far. Chicks are Due about the 11th, however I Broke my L thumb so can't count THAT high..:plbb:lau There are places she can get out of the box, as desired. I've kept water nearby, need to toss in some munchies for her, just in case. Had a guy out to cut the grass. He was SO Derogatory, talked himself out of a couple future Jobs. We ALL have *CHOICES* in what we do, how we RE-Act to others, in life. :plbb🙄🙄 Last batch of chicks, Momma did it all without me Even KNOWING, so I'm taking the 'Ignorance is Bliss' stand & 'Someone Up There Knows better than I' Stand.....Again.:p

Back
Top Bottom