Broody hen picking fights

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
Put my broody in the cage and all a sudden her and my BO started going neck to neck. Silkie was staying down low and waiting until BO left.

Your broody girl will be upset if she can still see her favorite nest box, plus with being bothered by the other hens she will be even more upset. I suggest putting her someplace else. Maybe a garage. She will still be upset, but at least there are fewer reasons to be upset.
We dont have any other place. This is like her 100th time being broody and shes only 1 year. It's worked before, I usually keep dipping her in a tub of cold water and she breaks.

We dont have any other place. This is like her 100th time being broody and shes only 1 year. It's worked before, I usually keep dipping her in a tub of cold water and she breaks.
Aw I feel your pain. I've had to live with chickens in my living room due to space. I have had six broodies this year, and that's not including those who have been repeat broodies! Still, if youre able to make something work to keep her from the others, that would be helpful.

Aw I feel your pain. I've had to live with chickens in my living room due to space. I have had six broodies this year, and that's not including those who have been repeat broodies! Still, if youre able to make something work to keep her from the others, that would be helpful.
We've kept her in the house before but it takes longer for some reason. Plus we have a dog who loves barking and it stresses her out.

Back
Top Bottom