Broody Hen Question

Advertisement Purina Flock Layer

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
Show my hand has been sitting in a box in my garage for a week hatching eggs. A couple days ago she jumped out and ran to the nest box in the coop so I brought her back in the box and she is now sitting on them. I want to let her out for a little bit each day because I hate keeping her in that box all day every day. I tried letting her stay in the nec boxes but she kept switching nest boxes and never stayed on eggs. Could I bring her out maybe a half hour a day and then put her back on or is that not even necessary?

That's always a possibility, but if you limit the distance she can get from her nest and eggs it becomes more unlikely. If she does not leave the nest to eat/drink/poop any number of problems can develop.

That's always a possibility, but if you limit the distance she can get from her nest and eggs it becomes more unlikely. If she does not leave the nest to eat/drink/poop any number of problems can develop.
She you think I could take her outside for a half an hour or so and then pick her back up and put her back in the box?

Advertisement Purina Flock Layer

Back
Top Bottom