Broody Hen Thread!

Yes. If you have specific questions I will try to answer them.

Can you guess the breed by pictures of the eggs? I don't even know who left the eggs at my work and nobody knew what to do with them so I just took them. I have more than my hen can handle son I was going to incubate some as well and knowing the breed would be nice lol

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with hens hatching duck eggs? I was gifted some and may let my broody w/o eggs have a few.

I had a game hen a few years ago that hatched off some muscovy duck eggs. She did pretty well with them, and when she left them, they started hanging out with the ducks instead of the chickens. The hen never seemed to realize that that batch were a little different than the other chicks she had raised.

I had a game hen a few years ago that hatched off some muscovy duck eggs. She did pretty well with them, and when she left them, they started hanging out with the ducks instead of the chickens. The hen never seemed to realize that that batch were a little different than the other chicks she had raised.

Lol I don't have any ducks so she is probably going to have to put up with them until I get them sorted out

Can you guess the breed by pictures of the eggs? I don't even know who left the eggs at my work and nobody knew what to do with them so I just took them. I have more than my hen can handle son I was going to incubate some as well and knowing the breed would be nice lo Afraid not. There are many breeds where eggs are similar in appearance. Most duck eggs take about 28 days to hatch. Muscoveys are an exception in that they take 35 days to complete incubation.

I looked through, and while I didn't read all of the thread (wow!), I was wondering when I can put the broody hen and the three baby chicks she adopted outside with the other hens. They are now two weeks old and the highs are in the 70s and 80s. I would still put them in at night. Thank you! I love this thread!

I looked through, and while I didn't read all of the thread (wow!), I was wondering when I can put the broody hen and the three baby chicks she adopted outside with the other hens. They are now two weeks old and the highs are in the 70s and 80s. I would still put them in at night. Thank you! I love this thread!

They should be fine going outside.

Back
Top Bottom