Broody Hen Thread!

Two to three more days until Buckeye chicks are due to hatch from those expensive shipped eggs. When I candled at day 14, all 6 eggs looked like they were developing.

Mom looks to be in lock down. Weather should be favorable...not too hot, or cold, or too rainy.

fl.gif

Momma Ms. Marvel is out in the run with the baby Rhodebars...all 4 thriving. One little stinker figured a way out through the gate and had to round him up, but he/she (it is the wheatan) allowed me to pick it up easily...they are very friendly chicks who will eat from my hands...so far I'm liking the Rhodebars. Will try to add a photo soon.

Lady of McCamley
my buckeye chicks are always the first to come near me to be picked up, sometimes I wonder if they are too friendly.

my buckeye chicks are always the first to come near me to be picked up, sometimes I wonder if they are too friendly.

x2.... we had a group of buckeyes hatch last fall and the little buggers were always underfoot in the yard. The most forward and friendly chicks we ever hatched out. Only problem was it was too easy to trip over the little ones! They would even follow me around when I was on the backhoe moving dirt! We only kept 2 of the pullets, and they remain friendly beggars, though they don't care for being picked up... but they are always some of the quickest to run and greet us when outside.

I know this is for chicks, but I can't find anywhere to put this ahah hopefully someone will be able to help me :) So my last duckling in the incubator is coming out of its shell ....... Foot first, is this normal?

On my first time hatching with a broody.. Well hatching in general actually and I'm on day 21! I went down earlier this morning to check but I don't really know what I'm looking for... I have two eggs that have very slight cracks in them and a couple others that are rocking... What does that mean? And how long will it be taking them to get out of the egg? Thank you for any replies!

Back
Top Bottom