Broody Hen Thread!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FarmerBoy24, May 1, 2011.

1. SunnysideupstateNY

SunnysideupstateNY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    BBS Ameraucanas. So far both chicks look like they will turn out black...Hoping for some blues, a splash would be fun!

2. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    my buckeye chicks are always the first to come near me to be picked up, sometimes I wonder if they are too friendly.

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

x2.... we had a group of buckeyes hatch last fall and the little buggers were always underfoot in the yard. The most forward and friendly chicks we ever hatched out. Only problem was it was too easy to trip over the little ones! They would even follow me around when I was on the backhoe moving dirt! We only kept 2 of the pullets, and they remain friendly beggars, though they don't care for being picked up... but they are always some of the quickest to run and greet us when outside.

4. randerson846

randerson846 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    I know this is for chicks, but I can't find anywhere to put this ahah hopefully someone will be able to help me :) So my last duckling in the incubator is coming out of its shell ....... Foot first, is this normal?

5. emmimini1212

emmimini1212 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2014
    On my first time hatching with a broody.. Well hatching in general actually and I'm on day 21! I went down earlier this morning to check but I don't really know what I'm looking for... I have two eggs that have very slight cracks in them and a couple others that are rocking... What does that mean? And how long will it be taking them to get out of the egg? Thank you for any replies!

6. randerson846

randerson846 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    They have stated to hatch and should be out within 24 hours

7. griggy

griggy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2014
    Well, we had two eggs hatch but chick #2, who was born on day 24, just passed away :(

8. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Squeaks and her brood

1 person likes this.
  9. sonderah

sonderah Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    Wow! That looks like a lot of babies!!! I should let one of mine raise more than 3-4. Lol

10. n3kms

n3kms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Middle Tennessee
    So, so, so sweet!

Last edited: May 18, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by