Broody Hen Thread!

It's amazing I have one tough cookie who hasn't sit yet but I know she will be a handful
It constantly amuses me that despite all the research and the science that there is about hen keeping, that can only take us so far. The last piece of the puzzle can only be completed by knowing your own flock intimately...

Hi Everyone,

hope all is good and you're hens and cocks are doing just fine, especially the broody ones :)

i have a question about a broody hen i have at the moment, its been broody for about 3/4 days sitting on her eggs, but past 3/4 days she was in the coop with the rest of the hens, so today i moved her during the evening time just before they go in the coop to sleep.

ive heard stories of broody hens being moved in day light will not be broody anymore? so was just wondering if she would still sit on her eggs seen as i moved her to a another coop which is the brooder, am just wondering will she still sit on her eggs? or should i have done this at night?

someone help please?

thanks.

My wheaten game he hatched one chick last night

It constantly amuses me that despite all the research and the science that there is about hen keeping, that can only take us so far. The last piece of the puzzle can only be completed by knowing your own flock intimately...

Well, if you are observing your own flock, recording information about them, and making decisions based on those observations and recordings.....I hate to break it to you, but that IS research and science...

Back
Top Bottom