Broody hen!

Jman45

Chirping
Jun 15, 2018
White Georgia
finally one of my hens is broody! She was sitting on only like 1-3 eggs though so I slid around 8 more under her. They were all out there in the best box for around 3-7 days. Will they still hatch?

The eggs, unless they have been frozen at some point, should be fine. I've hatched eggs nearly a month old, though it's generally recommended to incubate eggs less than two weeks old.

Mark the ones you slipped under her so that if another hen lays eggs there, you can remove them.

To be sure they're all growing, candle in a few days and remove any that are not viable.

And just as a precaution, keep your eggs on your counter for the next few days. I don't know how many clutches I lost, cause I got all excited and put eggs under her, only to have her leave the nest, then 4 days later, REALLY get serious. If you have some eggs on your counter, not a big deal.

And just as a precaution, keep your eggs on your counter for the next few days. I don't know how many clutches I lost, cause I got all excited and put eggs under her, only to have her leave the nest, then 4 days later, REALLY get serious. If you have some eggs on your counter, not a big deal.
Haha lol she isn’t setting on the nest anymore guess I’ll just give up on trying. So done it frustrates me

More than likely she will go into a good broody state in the next few days. Wait till she has been on the nest for 2 solid days. Then give her eggs...says the lady who gets so excited and many times before made the same mistake.

This time just wait, and in a month you will have a hen with chicks, so fun.

Back
Top Bottom