Broody hen????

Good news: it's still got an air sac, and I put a think plastic bandage thingy over the hole. I'm going to put it in my friend's uncle's incubator. We gave him 15+ eggs a while ago to put in there and he still has room. While I was waiting for my mom to get home I sung Black veil brides songs to it(they're my fav band) and I was thinking, if it lives, I'm going to name it Carolyn. I sure as hell hope it lives....

I sing to my birds all the time. Waterfowl really seem to like it, chickens do not seem to care or they are mildly interested. Probably thinking it is just another one of those weird things humans do. I especially do it if I have to go see them in the dark so the know it is me from a ways away so I do not scare them. I also sing to them when they are dying, dead, or hurt. More for me than them, I guess. It helps me calm down instead of panicking and scaring them when they need me most. I am not especially good, I just like to.

I hope Carolyn is okay.

Last edited:
I sing to my birds all the time. Waterfowl really seem to like it, chickens do not seem to care or they are mildly interested. Probably thinking it is just another one of those weird things humans do. I especially do it if I have to go see them in the dark so the know it is me from a ways away so I do not scare them. I also sing to them when they are dying, dead, or hurt. More for me than them, I guess. It helps me calm down instead of panicking and scaring them when they need me most. I am not especially good, I just like to.

I hope Carolyn is okay.

Thanks I hope so too.. I like 2 sing to animals if they r hurt or dying as well, especial when it comes to cats....idk y, I just do.... My mom says Carolyn will most likely die, or is already dead, because the membrane is broken and bacteria most likely already got in. And even if it lives the membrane may end up drying around the chick, making it unable to move.....we're doing the best we can.... All we can do is hope and pray, but every time I pray for an animal to live, it dies...I guess I jinx it....

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.  I would think about making that cardboard barrier stronger and maybe higher.

We r going 2 try to make a wall all the way up 2 the ceiling with chicken wire, and hopefully that should work....I can't c how it wouldn't.....now that I think about it we didn't think this through very well.... We know better now though...

Carolyn isn't do'in 2 well....the liquid inside the shell is leaking out some and I'm afraid the membrane will dry out around the chick and Carolyn will suffocate....I dunno what 2 do...

Back
Top Bottom