Broody hens hatching 6/22, 6/26, 7/3, 7/6, 7/11 Any one due w/ us

Quote:
clap.gif
cant wait for the pictures
fl.gif
for a great hatch.

I set 2 more hens today, so hatch date on them is 7/11.

6/26--Two broodies sitting on scovy eggs
7/9--Two broodies sitting on Marans eggs
7/12--One broody sitting on guinea eggs

I've already had one broody hatch out 4 of my own eggs. I also have one more broody patiently awaiting my swap partner eggs. I hope she last
roll.png

My broody australorp is due on June 24'th. She is sitting on 8 eggs - hoping to get some Buff a -lorps!! We have an australorp rooster, a few australorp hens and a few buff orpington hens so I'm hoping for a few mutts. We are gonna call them buff- a -lorps. Anyone know what they will look like?

clap.gif
all right more hatching buddies
wee.gif

cluckychick , what type of marans? Well need pictures.

vwoods , that will be a interesting cross should be a nice sized bird lay great and be a brooding good momma.
I haven't a clue what the color will be cant wait to see what you get.
I have BO chicks and the hen due 6/22 is setting blk aust eggs.
barnie.gif
might be a cross for me down the road
ya.gif

thumbsup.gif
for everyone a great hatch.

I had a silkie hatch 5 about a week ago. We lost 1 chick who dove into a bucket of water (first time letting the hens raise the chicks and it was a rookie mistake. didn't think they could get in!)

she hatched out 4 RIR and 1 looks like either a black sex link or a barred rock.

I have a splash cochin due 6/28. They should be black sex link and RIR.

And I have a first time turkey mom sitting on some of her eggs. I initially thought her due date would be 7/6, but I think it will be up to a week after that.

She started sitting on the nest for an hour here and an hour there, but I don't think she started sitting on it full time until about a week after I thought she wanted to start sitting if that makes sense. So I think they will probably hatch around 7/13. But I do have worries that there will be a 0 hatch rate due to her on and off the nest during that first week. Maybe they started and then died.

If that happens, I'll be gathering her eggs for one of my bantys to sit on next time. I really want to raise some turkeys.

My hen due 6/22 was up off the nest , I see that she has had some eggs break or explode. I think she has 14 eggs left.
hu.gif

Today is day 21 I've not seen or herd a pip from under my hen.
I'll keep an eye on her I'm hoping all is well and well have a good hatch by tomorrow.
fl.gif

Well my hen gave it up with the very hot weather today and rotten eggs exploding under her I cant blame her.
So it was a 0 hatch for hen #5.
hit.gif

I would like to check the eggs but I'm rotten egg exploding shy now.
sickbyc.gif

I've looked at them no pips I might candle them tonight but I scared.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom