Broody hens hatching 6/22, 6/26, 7/3, 7/6, 7/11 Any one due w/ us

The broody turkey hens have at least one chick still under them but I found one outside the coop. Warming him up and feeding him. I will restuff him under there tonight and hope for a take.
fl.gif

Update I have a pretty bad eye injury from the egg exploding in my face. I'm have trouble with the light so it may be a few days before I'm back on.
I hope everyone's eggs and hens etc do great.

Ann it is normal for the hen to peck at the hatching eggs some do it some don't. As for the egg exploding any rotten egg can and will explode, I'll add more later on this.

fl.gif
for walks and woods
fl.gif

clickie you'll have to post pictures of your hen with duck babie best of luck.

So I'll sum this up , traded eggs for eggs set hen, hen set 21 days eggs exploded hen broke up, left eggs for a hole day and night with no hen, I checked eggs more exploded found one alive chick, put egg with chick in hatching bator, had egg explode in my face, $150. eye doctor with a very hurt eye, one alive fully hatched chick priceless.
You have to love hatching
jumpy.gif

Take care hatching buddies ,
fl.gif
on my marans due 26th.

My turkey poult is out! And so far so good. The hens wanted to keep the chicks but they're still afraid of Jake so they won't leave the nest when he's there. I'm selling him today so they can settle in better and they can raise up the boy they want from the juvenilles. They came from being pets and they really don't know what to do with a full grown Tom's full time attention.

I'm joining this thread a bit late - my egg stealing broody d'uccle has 5 "bad" silkie eggs under her (P.O. scramble deluxe) and two homegrown eggs. The two HG eggs are due any day and one has pipped the aircell. Maybe once these two hatch I can get those other eggs out from under her and chuck them - especially after just reading okiehen's recent post. Yuck!

fl.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif

thumbsup.gif
for all that are hatching and doing good.

My eye is lots better thank the Lord.
The one chick is doing great I have a wheaten marans egg piped and had one oozing so I through it out I hate rotten eggs.

I hope the others are good
fl.gif

ok so i dont know what im doin wrong ..this morning i seen a beek outside the shel checked it at 12 today and he had died
sad.png
so the rest that piped the egg i opend dime size holes and tonight there in there moving around just fine...one more egg left to hatch is it
wink.png

One of the two eggs that were due made it out last night - then promptly got chicknapped by another broody (my serama) I was going to give it back to the millie but decided that it may have already bonded with the serama, the serama is a proven mother, and do I want the millie to have the chick when she can't keep a hold of it for even one night? The millie seemed more concerned with the egg shell anyway.

I love my millies but they ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom