Broody Isa Brown ?

A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Are you thinking of letting your girl hatch some babies?
Just curious what your chicks look like now all feathered out? It's kind of a long story, but I took a crash course on incubating eggs and decided to use our Isa Brown hens fertile eggs to see what we would end up with? :confused:

It was an amazing experience fore sure and out of the 14 eggs that went into lockdown, we have 11 healthy baby chicks. They too have some very unique colors and stripes, so it should be very interesting to see what they will look like all feathered out. :love

Attachments

• New BB's.jpg
    New BB's.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 2
Just curious what your chicks look like now all feathered out? It's kind of a long story, but I took a crash course on incubating eggs and decided to use our Isa Brown hens fertile eggs to see what we would end up with? :confused:

It was an amazing experience fore sure and out of the 14 eggs that went into lockdown, we have 11 healthy baby chicks. They too have some very unique colors and stripes, so it should be very interesting to see what they will look like all feathered out. :love
What breed rooster?

What breed rooster?
This is Chewy with is girls during the time I was collecting the eggs to incubate. Chewy is a rescue and I was told his mother was 100% Brahma and his father a random barn yard Rooster. I am guessing Rhode Island Red ? :confused:

Attachments

• Chewy with his Girls.jpg
    Chewy with his Girls.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 2
A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Are you thinking of letting your girl hatch some babies?
Hello @JaeG Just curious, by chance do you have current pictures of your chickens all feathered out?

Hello @JaeG Just curious, by chance do you have current pictures of your chickens all feathered out?
Of course. There are 3 big girls who were fathered by a large breed cockerel who started to become aggressive towards our son, so he was disposed of. Their mothers are Orpingtons. They did have a brother but he was huge and he was starting to injure our light breed hens (Araucanas) so he was invited to dinner by my husbands boss. He was so clumsy as well and would often stand on the bantams if they were between him and food!
Nutmeg.jpg

Buff 2.jpg

Buff 1.jpg

Then there are the bantams (my favourites). Their father is a Golden Duckwing OEGB and their mothers are either Wyandotte bantams or Booted bantams.
Calico.jpg

Delilah.jpg

Periwinkle.jpg

Smiley.jpg

Whippy.jpg

(I wish I could get a better photo of this girl as we love her colouring).

And we kept one little cockerel who is getting on very well with his father so far. It's really cute to watch them interact and our rooster is such a sweet boy himself.
Olaf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom