Broody Isa Brown ?

Thank you for everyone's reply. Yes I had figured it was rare because of why they were crossbred in the first place, Lots of Eggs! :)

I just didn't know if it was possible for one of my four hens to decide to go broody?

If an Isa Brown hen was bred and did have a fertile egg to incubate, what would a person end up with for an offspring? :confused:

Thank you for everyone's reply. Yes I had figured it was rare because of why they were crossbred in the first place, Lots of Eggs! :)

I just didn't know if it was possible for one of my four hens to decide to go broody?

If an Isa Brown hen was bred and did have a fertile egg to incubate, what would a person end up with for an offspring? :confused:
A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Are you thinking of letting your girl hatch some babies?

Yeah mine have a few times but I stopped them. The last time I wasn't sure if she was serious about it so I stole her eggs and replaced them with 3 2 week old bittys that were in my brooder. She is a great mama to them and acted like any other mother hen would.

A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Just curious what your chicks look like now all feathered out? It's kind of a long story, but I took a crash course on incubating eggs and decided to use our Isa Brown hens fertile eggs to see what we would end up with? :confused:

It was an amazing experience fore sure and out of the 14 eggs that went into lockdown, we have 11 healthy baby chicks. They too have some very unique colors and stripes, so it should be very interesting to see what they will look like all feathered out. :love

Attachments

• New BB's.jpg
    New BB's.jpg
    613.5 KB · Views: 2

Hello @JaeG Just curious, by chance do you have current pictures of your chickens all feathered out?

Back
Top Bottom