Broody Isa Brown ?

Thank you for everyone's reply. Yes I had figured it was rare because of why they were crossbred in the first place, Lots of Eggs! :)

I just didn't know if it was possible for one of my four hens to decide to go broody?

If an Isa Brown hen was bred and did have a fertile egg to incubate, what would a person end up with for an offspring? :confused:

Thank you for everyone's reply. Yes I had figured it was rare because of why they were crossbred in the first place, Lots of Eggs! :)

I just didn't know if it was possible for one of my four hens to decide to go broody?

If an Isa Brown hen was bred and did have a fertile egg to incubate, what would a person end up with for an offspring? :confused:
A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Are you thinking of letting your girl hatch some babies?

A 'barnyard special' I'd say that would be classed as. I've recently hatched some cross breed chicks and they've come out as quite a variety of colours. I can't wait to see how they turn out once fully feathered.

Are you thinking of letting your girl hatch some babies?
I would like to learn the whole process and was curious if the Isa girls would go broody or not? and or I would need to buy an incubator and learn how that works?

I know we don't have the perfect mates and was curious if it would even be a possibility or not? :confused:

Ducks is another story and have no doubts about any eggs not being fertile with those little horndogs! LOL . Sadly we don't have the extra room to accommodate a bigger flock at the present time. :(

I had one go broody, hatched 9 out of 10 eggs, 5 were hens, all were different colors but laid well.
What breed Roo did you use and might you have any pics? I was just curious because I heard they will not breed back true.

Last edited:
Yeah mine have a few times but I stopped them. The last time I wasn't sure if she was serious about it so I stole her eggs and replaced them with 3 2 week old bittys that were in my brooder. She is a great mama to them and acted like any other mother hen would.

Back
Top Bottom